1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

im so sick of mowing wet grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigjeeping, Sep 12, 2006.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Think i'm throwing in the towel today. I'm sick of ruts, clumping, tearing turf. Grass has been wet like everyday for the past 2 weeks.

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We didn't mow yesterday or today because of rain. First time for a long while though. We sure need it!!!!

3. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

I mowed some yesterday inbetween the rain just to get them knocked down some. It is supposed to rain for another couple days and I did not want to deal with the taller grass if I waited.

Very soggy and had to use the blower to take care of the clumps (2nd mower pass would not help under these conditions).

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Didn't mow yesterday and probably will not mow any today. If this was spring time, we would be out mowing wet grass but it can wait, now that its September. I'm sure we will mow some on Saturday.

5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Didnt have anyone out yesterday and probably not today becuase of rain. In the past 2 weeks we have recieved nearly 8 inches of rain. We are in good shape now! We will definetaly be working Saurday, possibly Sunday now....

6. bigjeeping

I hate pushing stuff back onto the weekend.

Mowing on sundays just makes me feel like im invading on peoples lives.

Atleast I have all day to play around on the stock market =)

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Raining here today and maybe on Wednesday. I will try to get 2 routes done on Thursday and then one route on Friday. It is coming down hard right now.

JP

8. bigjeeping

the worst thing about this biz is definitely WET GRASS

9. Elkbow

Elkbow LawnSite Member

Send some, or ALL of that rain to NE Texas. Our lakes a running dry as we are at least 20" below normal rainfall. Most lakes are around 8-10 feet low and some are approaching 20 feet low. As you can guess, the grass hasn't been mowed much this year.

10. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

Just got finished mowing for the day, but I had one more..Had to stop cause of rain. Needless to say I just got a wet A**!!!! That's cool though we need it.