im so tired of every person who calls has an emergency

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Apr 21, 2005.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: its early in the year and im already tired od the " i need it done right away", these are regular lawn and chem people who have lived in there homes for years and never did a thing. ive been sending est for work since feb and were easily booked to early june with all types of work. the sob story is getting so old, sorry guys had to vent, boy i feel better. tony
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Get an answering service from the phone company that records your own voice saying,"If you have not already booked with us,our schedual is full untell June,if you still need our services then please call back and we will try to accomidate you then"
  3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

startup a new company called:
    ------------LAWN 911------------
    Your Fast Emergency Lawn Service

4. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Add this quote to your answering machine...."Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." One of my favorite ones
  5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Emergency = Double maybe triple time.

Might be worth adding a guy.
  6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: really dont think i need more people, but thanks
  7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel your pain. Since Monday, we've fielded approximately 80 calls. We have to change our message to say "Sorry we cannot accept any more lawn mowing accounts for this year." So far we haven't started working Saturdays, but the guys have been working 45-50 hrs by Friday. I don't make much when they're working OT, plu I don't want to go to a 6 day week and burn guys out early. WE are getting all mowing done on time and are blowing thru some serious mulch (over 400 cu yds so far). THe clients can either wait, or call someone else. Right now, all extra work and landscaping is being sdigned for the end of May and June. I am trying to go back in the field more to expedite things, but still am forced to go on a lot of bids. I am bidding on the high side, but am still landing a good % of the work, primarily because I retuned the phone call. Gotta like being busy, but have to keep it in check as well. All work & no play...