I'm spending money

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Jan 19, 2010.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I figured this is a good time of the year to spend money on the projects that have been circling the toilet drain for a while.
    First one was diverter valves (Minimax style) on Dad's Hitachi ZX27, to make the hook up of the jack hammer a little more simplified and clean:
    [​IMG]

Handle is up for the hammer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This project took a while due to finding just the right valve for a small machine.

Then I tackled the Bobcat Tilt-tach, the hoses weren't long enough, so I added another 10" (like the combo and grapple buckets) but I found out the Bradco quick attach bracket doesn't work on the tilt-tach, their angle where the wedges go through isn't the same, but the Tilt-tach works on all the other buckets.
    I will have to post pics of what I mean, but I have to torch off the bracket and put a Bobcat one on instead, and the bucket needs to have an extended lip and new cutting edge, so what the hell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also had bump stops welded on the combo bucket to keep the bucket from shearing off the hydraulic lines next to the loader (Takeuchi's loader arms are 2" wider than Bobcat's) and a damn big hook in the bucket for tie down and yanking on crap:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Even with out the Bobcat M Series hose guide, the loader arms would snap the hose elbows off, so better safe and lose some bucket roll back then replace fittings.
    [​IMG]

Next big project is an EGR delete on the Powerstroke and side pipe, I have nothing but "burping" issues with the EGR, and the warranty runs out next month.
    I'd like to do a 4" right side exhaust stack with an Aussie flare on top.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I would probably shorten up that diverter valve handle even cut it off and make it so the same wrench you use for the quick connect bolts can be used to turn the valve.

So when is the quick connect going on the Takeuchi :laugh:

The turbo farts are normal with a 6.0 especially if you use it with a BD brake so any excess boost goes through the air cleaner. You may also have a sticky VGT sensor. The biggest thing you can do for a 6.0 is go exclusivly synthetic engine I did with mine and it is a 110% improvement. A 6.0 definatly does not like dino oil.

3. bobcat_ron

I need to play with the valves first, the guy who did it was concerned about the vibrations rattling the handles down, so he gave me some fiber shims to tighten them up, or I can cut off the handles and turn them with a wrench like you mentioned, but I would have liked to see the valves tighter to the boom, but then again, just need to play with it.

The Takeuchi is getting the radio and hydraulic kit next month, and the F450 is on the agenda for April, so I can pay off some more bills by then.

4. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

I like that diverter valve set up on the 27, where did you get it?

5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Pink letters on the Tak bucket, eh? :p

6. bobcat_ron

Pink is the new black, yo.
    I'll shave it off with a grinder PDQ.

It was ordered from Ontario, I couldn't tell you any more, but they aren't cheap.

7. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like a costly little riggin'

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You been busy

9. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i have to second that. i always liked those loaders but now i feel like i've seen one doing something i shouldn't have.

10. bobcat_ron

Spending money, yes.
    Actually working, not really.

Tomorrow I rent a Cat 226B2 becasue the Takeuchi is 6" too high.
    Going back to the world of rubber tires for an hour's worth of work is going to make me lose sleep.