im starting off new

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DiSantolandscaping, Jul 25, 2010.

1. DiSantolandscaping

DiSantolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i was wondering if it is wrong of me to try to start mowing lawns with a push mower. I personally like the way it looks better, even tho i know it is time consuming. I am currently in maine and am moving to sc in jan. I want to do full landscaping down there full time for my self. I figure everyone has to start somewhere. I am looking for a small trailer and a rider or walk behind to help me grow and not waste my time. I have 1,000,000 insurance policy and have been mowing off and on for a couple of years. I got a new troy built push mower with bagger mulcher option. and a troy built weed wacker. I would like to get a echo but at this time my money is a little short. so would you start with push mowing if that was all you had at the moment.

2. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Most people start off using a push mower. There's nothing wrong with it.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Kudos that one of your first purchases was insurance. Instead of a rider, you might look for a good used belt drive WB. Craigslist is full of them. A 32" or 36" will fit through gates and still give a great cut. You can walk with it or get a sulky. Tractors always seem to leave that funny uneven look on corners.