I'm stuck on this one.....Pump?Pressure? Not sure

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

this thread needs a rockin' soundtrack :headphones:

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

little confused here, what is the application here? Why are you storing water in the tanks, or are they tanks for a demand system. Put the pictures up.

On the surface it sounds like your canal filters are fouled or the debris through the system has fubared the impellers, or debris is keeping one from rotating or the wiring is phuked or maybe it's burned out all together. At least Pull the line & clean the filter or go swimming... dismantle the volute and clear the crap. Sounds like a lot od $hit going on for a small system. Why two pumps at all?

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

You should alwayds run a galvanized steel fitting on the pressure side as a heat sink before attaching PVC... and then the PVC should be sched 80.

4. Stick around jvanliet. We need some new wisdom.

By the way do you have a remote like a RainMaster or TRC?

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

the captain sent me an email from his iphone asking if i could post for him, hope this works.

so far it's been a pita but i think it may be tv worth watching

Attached Files:

6. Is the camera on his *****(P#nis)?

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i haven't been able to view it yet, i was a little leary of posting before viewing but, with eddie's rep i knew i couldn't go wrong.

speaking of leary, any word of mike? Sasquatch bait? :confused:

8. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't wait for the sequel! :rolleyes:

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

check the inlets for possible cracks caused by vibration and heat. air could be coming in through hairline cracks between the threads of the male adapter, or nipple, or whatever is making the inlet connection.

check for clogs as well. i would redo all inlet connections to eliminate air intake possibilities.

also, how many vertical feet is the pump "sucking" water up? there is a limit to that... something like 26-28 vertical ft lift or something?

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Changed filter same problem

anyone please call me

774 208 1146
    Posted via Mobile Device