1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm stuck on this one.....Pump?Pressure? Not sure

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jul 7, 2010.

1. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Possible rock in an elbow, left there from installation or some repair.

Keep digging and testing pressure between the problem area and where you find no problem.

Or backflush from problem area back to where you find great pressure/volume.
  2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Good idea..I was thinking about getting the compressor and try to blow this sh!t out..

The guys went today to the site, dug up the main again in 2 areas..

Area A was 20gpmc Area B 5gpm....

They put in a new main then she SUNG!!!!!!!!!!! The 2 new Poc's for the re-fed maine were about 69 feet apart. :)
    Everyone stared all hugging and kissing...Went to fire up from the clock, and the pressure tanked...

Tanked meaning sucked again..

I really think there is either a gang of sh!t somewhere catching on a reducing fitting, or crushed pipe..Pumps work great.Could be tanking on an isolation valve...

My guess its a combination of everything, tons of head, dirty water with scummy pipes, patches everywhere...

oh well looks like this one isn't solved.
  3. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

How many MORE feet of main from the last repaired area your company did today, to the heads?

I ferget, did you check any screens in the heads for sludge? There might be some now that got loosened up by the repairs.