1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm taking the Texas TDA Ornamental & Turf test Wednesday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tx_angler, Feb 9, 2004.

1. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this on the Pesticide & Fertilizer page but not getting any responses...

20 years ago I was a licensed aerial applicator in Georgia, Alabama and Florida and need to know what to expect on the Texas Ornamental & Turf tests. I have been studying the three books (Laws, General Applicator and Commercial Applicator) I got from Austin.

How many questions on these tests?
    What is the approximate time to complete?
    How many questions on calibration?
    Any last minute study suggestions?

Thanks, in advance.
  2. Jroctx

Jroctx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

Howdy Tx Angler!

I am planning to take it the first Tuesday in March. They provided me with over a hundred questions for the Law section and another hundred for the Orna. & Turf. Did you get those questions with your packet? Looking forward to your questions being answered as well.

3. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't get any sample questions. Can you scan them and send them to me?

4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I took the test over three years ago - that said I will try to remember all that was on it. The test seemed to be more orientated more for ornamentals, particularly Roses and the differing diseases, than turfgrass.
    The questions concerning calibrations were fairly straightforward concerning amount of material needed to apply a certain amount of N, plus the usual spray questions.
    I could be more helpful if you called and spoke to me.
    830-693-0598, ask for Steve
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

good luck on the test. Hope everything goes well.
  6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I got to take the supervisors version of the test on Wednesday in CT and if I pass that joy I get to go on to the oral and they wonder why my state is a 96% fail rate for that license. Hope yours is easier