I'm thinking of adding this service what do i need

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by HazellLawnCare, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Yeah I saw the forecast.........welcome to the neighborhood. Your last 3 days have been very fine though. More to come, hopefully.

Thanks for the support. I'm sure it will be a learning curve but at least I have a little background. I will be hitting you up for the ridealong sometime the first 1/2 of may.

By the way, I am having a truck-unloading party on April 19th. It is an allday event. all are welcome!
  2. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i just added irrigation repair as a service to my existing customers i dont know how to charge so i guess.So far ive done two jobs and hit two main water lines and made 4 trips to get parts to repair.One was tree roots wedged between the irrig and main line it had to be broke to fix but i losed money the other i thought was a bad solenoid turned out whoever installed system used telephone wire and the water line going to the valve was 2 inches deep i now carry parts to fix main line.I do not wish to install just repair breaks etc i have worked for a couple irrig companys 15-20 years ago i mow a yard next door to a brain surgeon when i get the yard ill see if i can get pricing.unless you want to learn the hard way losing money id stay out of it