I'm tired of asking, now it's time to call in the big guns!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Aug 1, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

[​IMG]<p>Hi, Tammy Faye here! Kirby has asked that I help in the effort to raise funds for Chuck's cruise fund since it's been going a little slow. If you are new to the site, the site owner (the one that allows us to use his site for free) is Chuck, last month it was suggested that the people who participate on this site up donations to raise funds to send Chuck on a cruise as a &quot;thank you&quot;.<p>Kirby tells me as of July 30th, $700.00 has been raised, this makes me sad....makes me almost want to cry....we need to raise $3000.00 and we are a long way off...sniff...sniff...please help if you can. Remember, you can't take your money with you so why not send it to me?<p>If you have benefited from this site in any way, received materials, learned from others, and such, please give. The longer I am in charge the more upset I get...and I don't want to cry...if I start crying we will have to take money from Chuck's cruise fund and put it in my mascara fund...and that would be sad, sad, sad......sniff.........sniff..............sniff......<p>Please help, donations range from $3.50-$75.00, please take time today to send a check if you feel like supporting the cause. <p>Send to;<p>Bank of Belton<br>204 Main St.<br>Belton, MO 64012<p>Pay to the order of LawnSite.com Vacation <br>In the memo line please put my last name. KEOUGH<p>Don't make me upset, if this doesn't work Sally is coming next and your money will go towards feeding her so get that check in the mail!<p>Love, <p>Tammy

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

now I have seen it all !!<br>lol !!!!

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Good one Kirby.<br>I think you may have beaten the guy pulling his trailer with his bike that Elm put up.<p>jeff

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

oh no !!<br>not Tammy Faye from the old PTL (pass the lute)foundation<br>maybe she could come up with some money for Chuck !!!<br>lol<p>p.s. how much more do I need to donate to get her picture off this site ???<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: mowerconsultant<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: mowerconsultant

5. KirbysLawn

mowerconsultant, not sure but the next photo will be an &quot;action&quot; (crying) photo with smeared mascara and all! Real fright!

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Andrews: The mailing address is listed above and who to make out the check to. A lot of us have already sent in our pledges and I hope many more do too. Chuck deserves a vacation and he has put a lot of money into this great site and has new software coming out in a couple of days for this site. It's the least we can do for him.

[Edited by Eric ELM on 08-10-2000 at 09:36 PM]

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

Alright, who's going to pay for my computer monitor. The CRT cracked as Tammy's picture loaded. Hmmmmm?<p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

8. KirbysLawn

Just wanted to bounce this back to the top for the new folks! Andrews, the mailing address is in the first post above.

[Edited by KirbysLawn on 08-10-2000 at 05:03 AM]

9. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm finding hard to beleave that with all the users of this site we can't put this thing together..come on guys..think of what you have learned here.Even if you have only picked up a couple of things to help your Biz...thats got to be worth at least 10.00 or 20.00 ? Please think about this every post you read!!THANKS

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This fund for Chuck was orginally set up if the 1000 members we had at that time could each chip in $3.50, that would be enough to send Chuck on a nice vacation. Since then we have gotten another 330 members. Several of us have sent in $50.00 to $75.00 and it now only adds up to $700 in Chucks bank? Come on guys, all this hard work Chuck has done has to be worth at least $3.50 to you guys. Please help out Chuck with this. He has spent several thousand dollars on this site so we can all share our ideas and information, so now it's our turn to give something back. At one time I think there was over $900 pledged, so that means some didn't send in what they pledged. I pledged the original $3.50, but ended up sending $50.00 to help make this vacation a real thing. I know one thing, if Lawnsite is down for a few minutes, I get at least a dozen Emails wondering why. I know you guys like this forum, so lets ALL donate to the cause. :)