1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i'm trying to get into trouble. help me out.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Mar 8, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i just received a catalog for the cyclone rake. it looks like a decent machine. i want one but i dont have a ztr anymore. my question is, what should i get for leaves. i know my wife will balk at anything i plan on buying but i'm gonna get it anyway. what do you suggest and give me a price if you can. thanks

2. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

A budy of mine just bought one of those DR leaf vacs. Looked like a good unit , although he has not used it yet, up to our behindes in snow here in West NY. I just recieved some info from cyclone rake that I asked for on line, have not had a chance to look at it yet. I m not in the market really but its nice to take a look for future ref. I would question the use of nylon for the collection unit , seems like it would wear quickly. The DR was 1800.00 I think. I like the TRAC-vac machines , although they can be pricey.

DENNIS MOW LawnSite Member

I had one years ago great unit but the caster bearings wore out fast if it got overweight and the zipper on the bag dont bag leaves anymore i just mulch them up now..
  4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Put the MEG MO blades on your mowers and forget the bagging.
  5. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

I bought one last fall, for a 5 acre account that I have with about 150 trees. It works just like they say it does ,saves alot of blowing and tarp dragging. Just make sure you are buying it for large accounts, too much of a pain to set up and use on anything under 1-2 acres. Pull mine with Scag tiger cub 26hp Briggs.
  6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

what if the customer doesnt want their lawn mulched? what if they want the leaves removed? does MEG MO make some type of collection system?
  7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We use to haul 6 or7 truck loads of leaves every day now we pick up 10 gal. per lawn so as it looks like we are doning what they wanted done and we work by the hour and can do the job so much fastter that they are happy and I am also as we are making about twice as much and not having to haul all those leaves.
  8. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I usually mulch all mine also, how do the meg mo's do on mulching a thick Bermuda lawn.
  9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We have had good reports with bermuda grass. I my self have not mowed it.