Image, I am new to this part of the forum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cajuncutter, Apr 20, 2006.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys. I know you all hammer others who are not licensed etc. I do not have a commercial applicators nor do I want to get into that part of the lawn industry. Between mowing and bed maintenance I do not have time for it. Anyway on my yard I have some serious weed problems. The atrazine won't touch them. So I talked to my buddy that owns a rather large nursery here and he talked me into Image 70D. I got it at cost not retail or I would not have bothered. That stuff is high!! Anyway I am bout to load up my sprayer and spray the yard. I read on the label that if you have a rather large slope or hill to water between .25 to .5 of an inch of water to prevent run off that may cause damage at another location rather than just your turf. What I am getting at is we are about to get rain here and I am not crazy about getting out in the yard and spraying for an hour only to have this stuff watered down and not work, plus as stated before this damn stuff is expensive. I do not want to waste my time or my money. Thank you for responses in advance.
  2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

there arent many weeds that image will kill that atrazine wont. You must have that 4 percent crap from home depot. Go by whatever the label says you will get the best results. between that and the atrazine you should get results.
    Neither will control grassy weeds.
  3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

spray the atrazine at 3oz per gallon let dry then water into the lawn . atrazine works on the roots . plus you will not see results in 1 or 2 days . give it 2 weeks or so .
  4. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys. I guess I should have tried liquid atrazine instead of the junk in the 20-0-20. It seems to not work. Now I am pretty much stuck with the bottle of Image 70D. I did hold off spraying because I had other things to do and got side tracked. I guess if this image doesn't work I will get some atrazine from the farm and use that. We do spray it over the corn crops and it seems to work well however I never thought to use it at home in the liquid form. I was using the 20-0-20 from LESCO. Live and learn I guess. Perhapse I can pawn this Image off to someone around here that does this stuff on a regular basis minus what I use for my yard. Thanks for the replies.
  5. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Read the labels. Image kills a wide variety of grassy and broadleaf weeds. Image works slowly, but is effective. Don't use atrazine on bermuda.
  6. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

Why not use atrazine on bermuda? I applied .75oz/1000 sqft this spring on all my yards.