Image Problem

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tiedeman, Nov 10, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ok, here is the situation:

My business dba, has always been Tiedeman Lawn & Landscaping. Well, in January of 2004, I switched over to Tiedeman, LLC as my entity, and Tiedeman Lawn & Landscaping as a trade name. The whole year of 2004 and the first part of 2005 I still really advertised with Tiedeman Lawn & Landscaping.

Well, in July I decided to try to make the switch (logo change, business cards, shirts, website, etc.) over to Tiedeman, LLC. But now I am wondering whether it is, was, or will be a good idea to advertise it as Tiedeman, LLC or just go back to advertising (business cards, shirts, logo, etc) as Tiedeman Lawn & Landscaping.

Tiedeman Lawn & Landscaping was used for about 9 years business name, and then Tiedeman, LLC was just used the last 2 years (but I never marketed with the Tiedeman, LLC before).

So what do you guys think? Stay with the new logo and new technique of Tiedeman, LLC or go back to the old logo and Tiedeman Lawn & Landscaping???

Give me some thoughts, opinions, and questions.
  2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

If it aint broke don't fix it might apply as far as logo and name changes. However always fine tune or update business plan/model
  3. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Tiedman , I don't know the laws in Michigan but I went from Macsek Lawncare to Macsek lawncare Inc. this past Jan. The lawyer that we used for this stated everything must be Macsek lawncare Inc. to be "legal". I don't see the big deal with the new name. I'm assuming the phone number is still the same. When we sent out the contracts in the spring we enclosed a short note about the new name. Matt
  4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

how about going this way,
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I could care less about image problems with a logo. I am not even in the Yellow Pages - Word of mouth is my only advertizing, and it is the only advertizing that is viable as far as I am concerned.
  6. tiedeman

from earth

I can use Tiedeman Lawn & Landscaping, since it is a trade name of Tiedeman, LLC.

ya, phone number the same.
  7. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I agree with Stumper.

8. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Interesting question Troy. I was wondering how companies do their advertising if their name says nothing about what they do. Example: Dishman's LLC or Dishman's Property Services (the latter is a little more clear but not exact in what they do). So how do you guys advertise if your biz name does not say much about what you do??
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It has always been a good piiece of marketing advice (and I have heard this several times from several different pro sources) that you alway want what you do incorporated into your business name. That way people KNOW what you do and no one will ever pass you by just from not knowing.
  10. tiedeman

from earth

the reason that I just had it Tiedeman, LLC is in case I want to add any other trade names or businesses to it later