Immigrant training

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Adam's Lawn and Garden, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on my business plan and the future growth. A local company here uses all immigrant laborers and they work great. Although, they didn't train them very good and it shows in the work. So i was wondering how you guys train your seasonal employees from other countries and what works and what doesn't.

Thanks,

Adam

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I won't ever encourage the employment of people that can't speak the English language. If you want them to learn from you, you'll have to learn their language I guess.

3. Adam's Lawn and Garden

I believe i can request english speaking laborers. Not sure. That has been a concern of mine. Anyone else have ideas?

Thanks,
    adam

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you may find that getting someone from another country can be too expensive, all the eanglish classes, all the paperwork, the long lines at the federal buildings.

I have offten wondered why people wanted to ship in people from other countries, so that they can send the money elsewhere,
    If you look around there are tons of people STILL here that were born in this country that need jobs.

It's like purchaseing a foren car, buy a Toyota and put 3 americians outta work.

WOW waht has happen to the thinking of Americians.

Why did I even kill and almost Die for you childern, just to watch yall give away your freedon and Country?

what's wrong with yall?

5. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Ok. i do have business ethics. But common sense plays too. If you can hire someone from another country who will work twice as hard for less money than an american, do the math. Plus, americans seem to be less reliable and not as hard workers as immigrants.

adam

6. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

If only the US car makers hadn't used " Planned obsolescence"
    the decision on the part of a manufacturer to produce a consumer product that will become obsolete and/or non-functional in a defined time frame.
    Gee if only the Toyota didn't last 3 time longer with less repairs!!!!

No one has fought for my freedom since the second war world.

The people who engineered NAFTA & CAFTA -north american free trade agreement - central american free trade agreement are the ones giving away the country

AND allowing illegal Immigration

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

thanks,,,,, you make my point almost better than I did.....

8. aracad

aracad LawnSite Member

I love hearing you guys bit$h about illegal operators all the time, it cracks me up. I will say again, the biggest threat to your business isn't illegal American operators it is you guys hiring illegal workers. You want to do some real math? How long to you think it is going to take Paco to figure out he can run his own business? he will hire his family and send all those AMERICAN dollars home to Mexico!
    We will be working for them if you keep it up!

Did you know they are pridicting that Califonia will be 65% hispanic by 2050?
    Your not just making a few extra bucks you are ruining America!

I would like to know how many of you would give me a dollar for each illegal Mexican I ship back to Mexico. I think it may be my new business venture!

People with the mind set of destroying our Country for a few extra bucks drives me crazy!:hammerhead:

Oh, by the way I saw my first all Mexican crew a bout 2 weeks ago. New truck new equipment. I am afraid it has already begun.

9. aracad

aracad LawnSite Member

P.S. I just became a legal operator today!!!! I was only illegal for 2 weeks while I got things set up.

I am afraid we may have to move on to other ways of making a living due to unpatriotic Americans!

10. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Adam's Lawn and Garden
    sorry to derail your question, it is a pain every year, I am being very selective with new accounts,

the problems with labor have stressed me out so that I am downsizing, if you can't speak spanish good luck to you hiring non english speaking laborers

New truck, used truck, vans, suv's I see a lot of mexicans around doing lawns for themselves and I would wager most are illegal aliens.

The first link is about nafta / cafta, the second is why landscaping is going to be off next year,

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/06292007/profile.html

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/06292007/profile3.html