Immigration Issues

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DSIM, Mar 27, 2006.

1. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

With all the protesting going on about the recent proposed bill that would make illegal immigration a felony and would impose tougher penalties on employers for hiring illegals, how do you guys with mexican crews feel about this?

I'm all for the proposed bill and pray that it passes. I am fed up with our porus borders and the flood of millions pouring into our country and taking advantage of taxpayer-funded benefits.

Did you notice that there were more Mexican flags than American flags at the protests?

Would you support this new proposed bill?

2. Charles Odell

Charles Odell LawnSite Member

would never hire them. I am all for the new proposals
    Even building a wall the entire length of the border, If they
    want to come here LEGALY and learn english ,pay taxes ect
    that is fine, but americans paying for their free health care,
    schools for their kids, food stamps ect that has to STOP!!:usflag:

3. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Are fat, lazy, slow and charge too much.

4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I agree about them paying taxes and doing it legally but the fact is there is no official language for the United States.

Yes, we all speak English (some better then others from what I can tell from reading this board) but the fact is its not an official language and its one of the hardest to learn as opposed to Spanish being one of the easier ones. I for one am learning Spanish now. Its a bit easier for me since I already speak Latin and there are some similarities.

We cant force them to learn English but we should try to accomodate each other since this doesnt look like its going to end anytime soon.

5. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Read an article on AOL that said there was 4 prosecutions of employers in 2005 vs 419 in 1999, sounds like they are real serious. They did crack down here on the deckhands on the oyster boats and tied most all of the boats up due to lack of labor. Common sense tells me with elections coming in 08 they will keep the status quo,republicans are in enough trouble already.Who knows?

6. PGA

Id be interested in seeing that article. Do you still have it?

7. DSIM

PGA, where do you get that English is not the official language of the USA?

8. DSIM

There's a lot of FAT, lazy, & slow Mexicans too!

9. PGA

It was never named the official language. There have been numerous bills that have tried to be passed but they have failed. Although it is spoken by so many people it was never formally named the official language.

In fact there are over 250 languages still spoken here in the US

10. PGA