Immigration Issues

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DSIM, Mar 27, 2006.

1. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

PGA,
    thanks I just did a Google search and found that exact article. Interesting.

2. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Open borders.
    Plenty of work here to do. Too many overpaid Americans wanting top dollar for crap work.

3. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

All in all I think its just a technicality BUT its still not the official language. So in my opinion the government cant make them learn anything.

But back to the post, I think it's a good idea to control the borders and if people want to come here and work or live there needs to be a standard that they will have to abide by in order to do it.

With that said, If I went to Mexico and planned on living there for a while I would probably learn as much Spanish as I could. It would sure make life easier.

4. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

We're Fat because we've broadened our borders of opportunity worldwide; we're laZy because the PITA customers we've pass-on to you see us riding our American Technology "bling bling" Z Mowers and say "not enough work, gonna go get me an uninsured unlicensed, ilegal-bracero style outfit !", Slow because the cutting swath of our Z Mowers are 3 times yours; and Charge Too Much because one-cut on one of our big properties are worth a month of cuts on your little properties.

5. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard that its a lot harder for immigrants from England and some other prosperous countries to enter the USA.

I rarely see any British people here in Texas. I wonder why that is?

If the guest to work program of President Bush passes than it would grant amnesty to approximately 12 million illegal's.

6. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Its because they dont border us like Mexico does and what reason would the English come here except maybe to study or because they have met someone...

Their economy is fine and their Universities are second to none. They have no reason to be here unlike Mexico.

7. lowballer17

So I see....
    Riding a big mower and driving a big truck makes more $$??

Just open the borders.... My brothers will teach you an economics lesson. :laugh:

8. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

There are to many Fat, Lazy, Drunk Mexicans Out there Lowballing everything and sending it back to Mexico. Where they go back and live like Kings in the off season.

9. tfosterjr

tfosterjr LawnSite Member

Great, then we can have an economy like Mexico's. How long do you think it will take you and your "brothers" to achieve this level of excellence?? And where will you go when you have exhausted the economy here?? If you have all of the answers why don't you put them into practice in your homeland, maybe then you can show us how it's done.

10. lowballer17

My town is Queretaro.

Best city in Mexico.