1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Impact Gun

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coolluv, Mar 10, 2007.

1. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

I Just bought a cordless Dewalt Impact gun to change blades and Tires with. I researched what most of you use and took your advice. Thanks for the info. I could not be any happier. Just wanted to let you guys know that.

For those of you thinking about buying one you wont be sorry. Much easier to change blades with.

Great Site.. Thanks again. Dave.. :clapping:
  2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a snapon cordless impact last fall so I could change the blades on a jobsite if needed. Great tool to have handy.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

We have an actual DeWalt store in Raleigh but I'm wondering where you got yours? About how much did it cost you?
  4. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

I got mine at coastaltool.com $249.00 plus $8.50 shipping. Model DW059K-2

5. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Awsome tool. I got one a couple of months ago primarily for lug nuts on my F 250, as well as the mower. I had tried a weaker one on truck and it did not work so I waited until I found this one with 300 ftlbs torque. Got a 12 volt( cigarette lighter ) charger to keep in truck when traveling so I will not have to worry about weak or dead batteries as it will not be used much.
  6. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I am partial to MIllwaukee Tools myself because my dad works for them. He is a manager at one of their plants so I get a discount through him. I have thought about gettin one myself, figured it would be pretty handy.
  7. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

300 lbs, does seem like nearly enough. Wait till you hit somthing, I have a air powered Craftman strongest 1/2 ich they had (I belive 650 lbs in reverse), & at times that isn't enough.
  8. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah! But I wanted a cordless rechargable. Battery for something like you mentioned would be rather heavy. Dewalt also has a 36 volt model, much,much more expensive and not much more in way of power.
  9. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

i dont have the cordless one, but i have the corded dewalt, man is that lil thing nice sure makes it easier for the routine sharpining
  10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you have the 18volt Cordless?
    I got the DeWalt 18volt cordess 1/2" impact gun, that thing is the best. It's got a ton of power, so nice not having to deal with a cord and socket always falling out. I really like the duel trigger. My dad runs almost all Dewalt power tools for construction. Great products.

Ya, I use it for changing blades. Used it today to adjust the pintle hitch on the truck too.