Impact wrench repair

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Jul 24, 2006.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have an Ingersoll Rand 223 impact wrench that I need all the balls and springs for the trigger assembly, . Any one here do that kind of work or repair?

wayne

2. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

Mac tools impacts are IR, find a Mac tools truck and he should be able to fix you up.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

My first impact was a CP I bought some 25 yrs. ago, It didn't last very long so I had my Matco tool truck dealer take in to a repair guy and it never worked right again. I bought my Ingersoll 231 some 20 yrs. ago and it kicked azz up until 3 yrs. ago. I bought a complete rebuild kit from the Matco man and rebuilt it my self. I figured if somebody was going to screw it up I may as well save the labor cost and do it my self. Well there was nothing to it and it's good for another 20 yrs.

You can check this site for a repair station in your area;
    http://www.irtools.com/partsandaccessories/components/repairkits_parts.asp-en-9605

Good Luck

4. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello,started trade with I/RAND air tools , o/hauled after a few years to no great advantage.Later in career progresseed to Bluepoint 1/2in rattle gun 1/2 inch air wrench,3/8 air wrench.Found good service fixed price o/haul no matter what is worn out.I have had the 1/2 air wrench done.Still going after all this time . Since i have not been in my original trade for a while now they should see me out. tomo

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Thanx guys, This is the 1st impact gun I purchased about 20-25 years ago, its a great gun, just my stupidity that I need repair parts. A dirt dobber had built in the air inlet of it and I took it apart to clean it out and got busy doing something else and ................now I cant find the parts now,been looking for 3 months.I figure I can run down the Mac or Matco truck this week, just hard to find them on my schedule lol

wayne

6. Jim@MilkyWay

Jim@MilkyWay LawnSite Senior Member

Ask your wife where parts are. They know everything and if you don't believe it, ask them.

7. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

rob, i had just the opposite experience. i got a CP734 way back when they were American made, worked great through all my abuse on trencher chains and truck springs, finally crapped out. went through a few IR guns, always "this one will last forever" according to the tool truck guy. finally got a Snap On Shock Wave. that one kicks ass, and has for 8 years now. for almost $400, it better.