Impeller

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Breezmeister, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

I was just wondering if there is a way to balance an impeller that would be on a large leaf loader ? Or atleast, check to see if it is out of balance ?

ericg likes this.
  2. fly-4-fun

fly-4-fun LawnSite Member

You might take it off of the machine and take it to a good machine shop and see if they can check the balance for you. What makes you think it's out of balance ? Vibrating your machine more than usual ? It might have built up some trash on the impeller blades, you might check that also.

3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a guy close to me that will balance about anything with his dynamic balancer.

4. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

It's that time of the year and I'll start to see blowers and leaf loader coming in for service and what nut. I can recall seeing some really nasty looking impellers over the years, bent from rocks and branches and what ever. That can not be good for the engines. :rolleyes:

ericg likes this.
  5. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

I was hoping there might be a way to check a impeller with out gong out side the shop, something that would be inexpensive for the shop, you know, a poor mans balancer, like a really big cone balancer :dizzy: That way I could tell the owner , yea you need a new impeller:rolleyes:

ericg likes this.
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Check with magna-matic. I know they have some stuff for like snowmobile clutches and things like that. Not sure if they have anything that would work...and if they did it would not be for the "poor man" ;)

7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i use my old tire balancer for mine. you might be able to use a cheapo blade balancer too.