1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Implimenting a Crew

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jdlawn, Oct 13, 2007.

1. jdlawn

jdlawn LawnSite Member
    from MO

well, i am already thinking about next year and i have been thinking about getting a crew together prolly myself and two others but if i can't go out with them they can go out without me. I just wanted to ask what is the toughest thing about having a crew? and what is needed to have one?
  2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Making sure you can trust them out on their own to get everything done the same way it would if you were there. But you are the life line if you are planning on starting a crew.....If you let them go out on their own, then you should be out passing out flyers to increase your work load. But I guess I should have said the toughest part about having a crew is finding a crew. As for what is needed....For a 3 man crew...2 trimmers, 1 edger, I hedge trimmer,3 blowers, ZTR, WB, 21 in push, garbage can, etc...
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The toughtest thing is finding the driver and then the workers. The next problem is keeping them in 40hrs of work a week, and the next problem is what to do in the winter.