Important features on a lawncare business site?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by NeilsWeb, Dec 10, 2007.

1. NeilsWeb

NeilsWeb LawnSite Member

Hey,
    Besides the obvious what are some important features every site must have?

Do you think it is important to have things like following:
    - A blog
    - Newsletter
    - An easy way to update the site
    -ext...

2. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

NO.

Email
    Fax
    Phone
    Mailing
    "Professional" PHOTOS OF WORK
    Keep the BS to a minimum and dont be real wordy

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. I would also change or update the information on a regular basis.

4. qwerty

qwerty LawnSite Member

I would recommend having an easy way to update the site. An outdated site can be a big turn-off for internet viewers. I am also a fan of the newsletter (either electronic or paper) as it is a good way to stay connected to clients and prospects.

The newsletter is great way to announce products or services. You can also offer incentives, alert customers to industry trends, and most importantly help your customers learn more about you. It is particularly useful to communicate information that may otherwise be difficult or impossible to report to your clients and prospects. Three areas where newsletters are effective in communicating are:

Bad news. Price increases and product or service problems are more palatable when you have the opportunity to explain the causes and your proposed actions.
    Good news. Here is a perfect opportunity to inform clients of products or services that you offer that don’t necessarily come up in the normal course of business.
    Intangibles. You now have the chance to sell the intangibles of doing business with your company.

It's cheap to initiate and has improved our sales and customer retention greatly since implementing.