Important Word Press reminder

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by greg8872, Jan 22, 2013.

1. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to check on him.... http://www.virginiabeachtreecare.com/readme.html... "Version 3.5.1"

2. AdvanceTreeCare

AdvanceTreeCare LawnSite Member

He offers the service but I don't have it yet. I should have made that clear. Thanks for pointing it out though! I need to practice what I preach when it comes to web stuff.

3. greg8872

Wordpress is now at 3.6.1

4. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't really touched my site for several months. We get busy and forget about things like that.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Wordpress 3.7 rolled out yesterday.

6. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

My wife has awp site that is on a server that has 3 of my sites. Im pretty sure her site has a ton of bugs or broken code. How do I check for this and clean it up?

7. greg8872

Basic updates, should be highlighted when you login to the admin.

Anything buggy or broken beyond what the update system will do requires knowing how to program it.

-Greg

8. n2h20

We see and do the updates. How do I find the broken code or other things tgat slow it down? Weve built and changedcthe site along with two others several times. Im some what familiar with ftp code and what not.

9. n2h20

Greg on anotherbpost you mentioned going to http://gtmetrix.com/. I did so for my wifes blog and there were were something like 242 requests.... wtf! I dont think thats good.
    It was ranked a D and an F.
    On another post you mention to not host a wp site on godaddy... im not doing to well here.

10. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

- 242 is an absolute nightmare. It's probably either indicative of waaaay too many plugins or a site/theme that has been compromised by hackers.

- GoDaddy has a well-documented track record of being an awful host. The level of awful is exponential when it comes to their WP hosting. Timeouts seem to be part of their core offering...

- Re: broken code, this is most often due to plugins that haven't been updated or themes that are no longer compatible with updated rollouts of WP. If your theme hasn't been touched since WP 2.9 and you're on WP 3.7, you probably have quite a few issues.

If you want to shoot me a PM, I can take a quick look for you. I'm sure Greg would as well, we just never know when he'll wake up to see this. He's known to go on some serious coding benders. ;)