Imprelis Discussion - it's damage, Dupont's Claim Process, Lawsuits filed, Experience

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Starbuy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Starbuy

Starbuy LawnSite Senior Member

sent you a private message. Check your inbox.

2. 410NORTH

410NORTH LawnSite Member

People should go to Duponts facebook and post I did maybe if enough people do they will speed things and they will hire more people for the claims resolution process. Maybe if they get enough bad publicity they will get the hint.

3. rosewater

rosewater LawnSite Member
    from SALINE

According to my LCO, if you reject Dupont's initial offer, you go to the bottom of the pile and chances are it's going to be another year. Any feedback on that from any folks? Has anyone pursued claims resolution through their LCO and by doing so does that make you more visible to Dupont and a speedier settlement?

4. 410NORTH

410NORTH LawnSite Member

I think The LCO are telling us that working with dupont just to get the process done I have been talking to other customers of my LCO and thet are getting different story than I am. What do you mean pursue the claims resolution you mean sue the LCO and they have to go throu their insurance?

5. Starbuy

"Tree owner warns of deadly herbicide" - http://unioneagle.com/2012/07/tree-owner-warns-of-deadly-herbicide/

Mike Grow has left his trees standing so he has evidence of the damage, if needed, he said.

Grow says it isn’t good enough that he be reimbursed for the cost of the trees and their replacement.

He notes that the Imprelis attacks the root systems of plants and trees and that soil would have to be removed on four feet of either side of the trees, as well as four feet deep.

“You’d have to make sure there’s no contaminated soil,” he said. “You just can’t cut a tree down. It would take extensive excavation to get it out of the root system.”

6. 410NORTH

410NORTH LawnSite Member

Mike Grow the article in Union Eagle lives 5 miles from me, has anyone in Minnesota received there claims resolution yet?

7. Starbuy

Did your LCO elect to be the one paid by DuPont to remove your trees if you accept DuPont's offer?

8. cindyb

cindyb LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I think my chance of winning the blackberry blue ribbon is slim and none. No wine, no cobblers, no brandy, no jam, no syrup, no nothing. S'cuse the crummy picture, it was my cell phone and for some reason when I take pics of my dying plants, trees and flowers, my hands shake. I'm watering my garden and blackberries but its not helping.

My father in law's tomato's are beautiful. My neighbors are sharing. I haven't had a tomato.

July 19th and no offer.

blackberries.jpg

9. rosewater

rosewater LawnSite Member
    from SALINE

Yes, my LCO can remove the dead trees and Dupont will reimburse them, but what is the connection to my post Starbuy?

10. Starbuy

Do you think your LCO might be inclined to discourage you from rejecting the offer because they would lose the opportunity to get paid by DuPont for removing your dead trees?