Imprelis Discussion - it's damage, Dupont's Claim Process, Lawsuits filed, Experience

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Starbuy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. cindyb

cindyb LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Got my offer. I'd share but I'm sure dupont is reading and if you are, shame on you for what you have done to the environment and the time it is taking to respond to this disaster. My yard will never be the same. Won't share by pm because I'm sure dupont is also posting as homeowners.

The offer:

1. It says basically its not an admission of guilt?

2. Dupont wants to remove the trees and pay a company that they choose.

3. No timeline for payment.

4. My pines were calculated on when the toxin hit them, not how big they would have been, they are frozen in growth.

5. I was assured my additional dying plants (roses, blackberries, Japanese Maples, etc would be listed, they weren't unless they were included in that little 15% that was supposed to cover everything else.

I have more trees and bushes dying, have a garden that didn't supply food and my prize blackberries are just about dead. The big Willow Oaks look like fall, leaves and branches on the ground and the bark is falling off the trees. Looked at my spruces out front last night and the needles just fall off. It has already traveled (neighbors tree is yellow) and nobody can say how long it will stay in the soil. If I sign and release dupont, when the epa steps in, its mine to clean up because I signed a release of dupont being responsible?

I think I need more protection for the future than what dupont is offering. If my yard is toxic, after I sign the release, its my problem. Don't think so.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. cindyb

from KY

Morning. I saw that on GMA this am and was heading to find it, thank you.

3. Ubetit

Ubetit LawnSite Member

I don't know why settlements need to be kept secret. The more information, the more informed decisions can take place

4. Ubetit

Ubetit LawnSite Member

What I meant to say is that I don't know why offers need to be kept secret. I can understand why settlements aren't divulged.

5. cindyb

from KY

Easy to figure out what they will offer you. Take your form the LCO did, match the tree height to the chart and then add 15%. You don't get paid to have your trees removed.

They didn't cover anything that wasn't on the first report that was turned in.

6. Ubetit

Ubetit LawnSite Member

I must have missed the chart

7. cindyb

from KY

Will find it for you, here's my heights that aren't listed

25 ft $3500.00
    30 $4500.00
    35 $6000.00
    40 $7000.00

8. cindyb

from KY

Values

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their "replacement value table"
    1' = $30
    2-4' = $90
    5-6' = $230
    7-8' = $360
    9-10' = $520
    11-12' = $650
    13-14' = $930
    15-16' = $1,000
    17-18' = $1,120
    19-20' = $1,910

25 ft $3500.00
    30 $4500.00
    35 $6000.00
    40 $7000.00

But if you look back at Aircorp's posts, trees would have grown over the year we lost so the payment should be more not for the height when the trees was sprayed.

9. Ubetit

Ubetit LawnSite Member

I've had trees die in the last month that were listed as 1 or 2 on the original report. I have to reject any offer by that alone.

10. cindyb

from KY

I'm watching the thread in the LCO's section. They posted Honey Locust are showing damage.

Getting more pictures, plants just continues to die including my bushes. I'm upset about my berries and vegetables, I've never used any type of spray so I knew they were safe to eat and share.