1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Imprelis Discussion - it's damage, Dupont's Claim Process, Lawsuits filed, Experience

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Starbuy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. michiman

michiman LawnSite Member

2. Starbuy

Starbuy LawnSite Senior Member

DuPont can still easily afford to properly compensate for the damage their product has done to property owners. For the full year, DuPont earned almost $2.8 billion, or $2.95 per share, on sales of $34.8 billion.

3. TreeNut

TreeNut LawnSite Member

(See my previous link to the Dispatch article re: diseases in Ohio caused by DuPont)

CEO Ellen Kullman:

"We've adjusted our plans to meet the changing market environment and grow our businesses in a slow-growth world economy."

Hummmm, Yes, DuPont, you are certainly changing the environment, and you've contributed to the slow growth of plants and people, despite the economy.

4. michiman

michiman LawnSite Member

...and sooner or later, they will either willingly or through the courts.

5. rosewater

rosewater LawnSite Member
    from SALINE

Just in case you folks want to remind Nick, CFO Dupont, that there are still folks out there waiting for a fair resolution to their deadly weed killer.

"For the full year, DuPont earned almost $2.8 billion, or $2.95 per share, on revenue of $34.8 billion. That's down from last year's net income of almost $3.5 billion, or $3.68 per share, on revenue of $33.7 billion. Sales volumes fell 2 percent.

DuPont said it expects operating earnings excluding significant items will range from $3.85 to $4.05 per share in 2013, up from $3.77 per share last year.

One-time items affecting fourth-quarter results included $135 million to resolve legal claims stemming from the use of DuPont's Imprelis weedkiller, bringing the total amount spent on Imprelis claims to $750 million.

DuPont chief financial officer Nick Fanandakis said the company was working to validate and resolve claims regarding damage to trees, particularly evergreens such as Norway spruce and white pine, linked to the weed killer.

"We want to bring closure to this as soon as possible," he said."

6. TreeNut

TreeNut LawnSite Member

Well many of us haven't been paid YET, so the 750 M number should be increasing shortly.

7. Starbuy

For those still without an attorney, pay attention to statute of limitations since we're getting closer to 2 years since Imprelis damage began to be noticed. Of course, some are reporting new damage being noticed even after applications from 2011. Everytime a site visit has been done for me, either by Dupont rep or independents, more damage is found.

8. TreeNut

TreeNut LawnSite Member

It will be interesting to see how things come out this spring....
    Haven't heard anything from the attorney--do you know where things are?

9. Starbuy

I'm patient, but also don't discuss anything in public that may be told to me privately. I'm sure you understand. You can follow any federal court documents that are made public. There are some sites you can possibly join, or go to a federal court and ask for records in person.

10. rosewater

rosewater LawnSite Member
    from SALINE

anyone have any news????

"01/22/2013 02:05:12 PM EST
    Imprelis Litigation Settlement Listed For Hearing Feb. 5 In Philadelphia Courthouse
    Posted byLexisNexis┬« Mealey's™ Emerging Toxic Torts Legal News
    PHILADELPHIA - The multidistrict Imprelis products liability litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania is stayed; the exception to the stay is a West Virginia case that the plaintiffs aver in a Jan. 3 reply brief should be remanded for lack of diversity jurisdiction (In re: Imprelis Herbicide Marketing, Sales Practices & Products Liability Litigation, No. 11-2284, MDL 2284, E.D. Pa.; See 8/21/12, Page 34; Jim Bordas, et al. v. E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., et al., No. 12-6446, E.D. Pa.)."