Imprelis is bad for Spruce and other trees

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Airborne Toxic, Jun 1, 2011.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have heard now that dupont is only seeing damage to white pines, and not spruce trees.

we need dupont in here to start clarifying things before this gets out of hand with hearsay!!

i am waiting for them to call me back

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, yes they do. They need to get a presence somewhere on-line especially if this is the only national forum that is really discussing the matter.

They are watching these threads, I can guarantee it.

3. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

It is also affecting Norway's. Had a chemical guru out yesterday

4. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We are seeing damage on White Pine, Norway Spruce and Deodora Cedars.
    Nothing on Colorado Blue Spruce or Firs.

Our field reports show 4 separate customers asking if we are doing something different as their dogs got sick. Still researching that one.

5. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Trust me Ralph spruce damage is not hearsay!! Check the pictures I sent you today.

6. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Thats real nice. The msds and the rep pretty much came across as this being a safer pesticide. Wow, this stuff worked great on thistle, bindweed, charlie, violets, clover, however all these adverse aspects is really starting to concern me a lot.

7. Grassworks Inc.

Grassworks Inc. LawnSite Member

sorry for the low-quality picture, taken with cell camera.
    I took these today. They are spruces on a lawn I sprayed on 4/11/11 with Imprelis. Also seeing white pine damage on several properties. Going back in a few days with a real camera, will post more.

[​IMG]

8. Grassworks Inc.

Here's a spruce in a bed next to a driveway. There is just the 1 ft-wide strip of turf between the driveway and the bed, nothing behind or around it. Tips are just starting to turn brown. Mature tree, about 20-25 ft tall. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse.

[​IMG]

9. Grassworks Inc.

I've looked at several lawns I sprayed w/ Imprelis, haven't seen any damage to Blue Spruces yet.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

seeing it now, 6 weeks later. how old is the oldest damage now without killing the trees.

This is getting crazy.