Imprelis nightmare continues.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by timthetreeman, Jan 3, 2012.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we only had two clients, small stuff compared to most of you all. but that is because i wanted to try it out on just a few places first. we used it on 7 total properties. damage to two of them

2. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone else get a full refund?

3. jkranium

jkranium LawnSite Member

I called JDL today and they knew nothing about refund on all product used. Just the refund on returned items. They were going to check with Dupont and get back to me, but I am skeptical.

4. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

Nope just what we had left. If thats the case they owe us another $24,000

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I am skeptical whether they will reimb. us for all Imprelis product purchased and used up.

6. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I had 2 customers effected. The one with the most trees was 8 trees (7 norway, 1 blue). He wasn't interested in waiting for dupont so he had me cut down the Norways and replace with grass. I then replace the Blue out of my own pocket. It costed me around $250 to take care of that customer but I kept him happy and on my service. The other one I have a claim in with Dupont. 4 trees (2 weeping norway, 2 blue) that aren't to bad but the customer deserves to get them taken care of. I had their packet into them Nov. 1-2 and it is just now under review. They said that the next step is they will send a compensation packet. Can't wait to see what it consists of.

7. cindyb

cindyb LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

any updates?

8. patchoulipal

patchoulipal LawnSite Member

I planted 14 Oakland Holly from 7 gallon containers (exposed roots, not B&B) in my affected area with no soil removal and no charcoal added. It has been a month and they seem to be thriving. We have had several heavy rains so I feel like if they were going to turn south it would have happened by now (knocking on wood while typing).