Imprelis problems stills around.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by pinto n mwr, Jan 22, 2013.

1. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I got a soil sample from a friend and grew tomato plants in the soil from under a dead tree as a test. The tomatoes grew fine.

3. Starbuy

Starbuy LawnSite Senior Member

I know of someone in Ohio who tried planting actual trees (not just flowers or small plants) in the same area that a dead one was removed due to Imprelis. They planted many evergreens and things looked okay for a bit, but as water continued to migrate from the still existing Imprelis from the nearby lawn ( that soil wasn't removed, only immediately around the damaged tree as per DuPont's instructions), they lost all their new plantings again with the same Imprelis side effects showing up. They were angry to say the least, not just because of the loss of money, but also time spent. Seems it may depend on slope of land and how the water migrates on how new plantings may become damaged from any Imprelis residual. Half life is somewhere around 18 years from what I was told. The key for me will be the total removal of all soil, but unfortunately my neighbors land is at a higher elevation and so I was told I probably may not be able to replant for years unless all his lawn is ripped up. My landscape has been drastically altered.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I had one customer who saw the first 'potential' effects of Imprelis on white pines a year and a half after my one and only Imprelis app on his lawn. That's a long lag (if indeed it was Imprelis that is causing die out, not proven yet).

The article is unnecesary and old news. Also anyone blaming LCO's for killing their trees need to take a 2nd look. I am certain the vast majority of guys applied at label rates and as per label directions. Now their reputations are at stake. DuPont can never compensate enough for that.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013