Imprellis Hitting the news in Indy!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

The e-mail I received from them was that you better have every t crossed and i dotted for the state dept of ag when filing any claims as they would be doing a thorough cavity search before going beyond that.

Maybe duPont paid off our state dept of ag?

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

3. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I am not happy with the way my state is not handling the Imprelis issue.

Are you fed up with the applicator instructions and cautions that the few experts that have reported are putting out. They are tilting the issue toward LCO's having screwed up, when anyone with half a brain can see it's a product issue.

I think the ext. services and universities are afraid they will lose Dupont grant money,so they are keeping their mouths shut leaving LCO's out in the cold.

Class action law suit is starting to sound better each day.

This is a huge, proud and responsible industry and Dupont is making it look bad.

Thank you for letting me vent.

4. Mark Oomkes

I think you may be on to something, this whole thing has stunk, since they right away tried to blame the applicator, the weather, the mixture, etc, etc.

None of those things make sense. It would be curious to know a better number of how many claims there are.

1) So they are trying to say applicators from about 1/3 of the country have made mixing or application errors that are only affecting certain trees. Sure, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

2) The applicators mixed it with something. Huh, go figure, like we don't do that with any number of pesticides on a regular basis without these types of results. How about some ocean front property in Arizona?

3) Excessive rainfall. How's that? Do they think we're stupid? Wouldn't that same excessive rainfall be diluting and possibly even causing leaching of the AI in these applications? Thereby reducing the effects of this chemical? I have some nice swampland in Florida for sale too.

4) Non-native plants being affected by too much rain. Sure, that explains the untreated sites not having die-offs of only a few types of trees that are affected on Imprellis treated sites. (running out of land for sale now)

There is only 1 common denominator, and that denominator is the one making all the excuses why it isn't there fault.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, if they stopped a tru-brown tech, the only reply they would get if they mentioned Imprellis would be. "Who is that?" :rolleyes:

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i think they are constantly gearing towards the applicators fault too, and i mixed nothing with imprelis nor have we had excessive rain here at all, kinda droughty actually.

so, therefore, i dont fit into any of the so called categories they are speaking of....that make them sound better by default!

7. Mark Oomkes

That's what you think. lol

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Grassman, wasn't it you that talked to a rep and they told you to add something like a 3-way to imprelis for better knockdown?

Seems like I remember reading that in your Imprelis timeline thread.

9. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  10. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

i read thru the links- thanks for posting

are any of you guys collecting samples?and if so from each and every site?
    in case you decide to join the suit