1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

imprellis kill time

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawntennis, Nov 25, 2010.

1. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know how long it takes before you see twisting or some sign of effectiveness for imprellis?
  2. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I have just read about this new product.......or so called product. I don't believe it is registered in all states yet. The literature I received on it doesn't give much more details. It is a different type of Pyridine so the effects are hormonal at best, so tests will tell.
    I tried to google the active ingredient and didn't come across anything more informative.
    If anyone else has more information, I will be willing to read it and pass it on.
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have looked into it and if i remember it is about 4 days to a week for shriveling, but longer for what they consider "total death", but basically the same as any of hte newer herbicides like the pro form series from PBI GORDON which i use.

i am getting some for this spring to use on all my fall seeded lawns as we had a large reoccurance of weeds in the bare areas or thin areas due to a very dry fall and poor overally seed germination.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Will be keenly interested in hearing about other's experience with Imprelis.
    I am mainly interested due to a more friendly signal word (caution I believe, instead of danger).
  5. grassman177

i am going to be using it this spring with all the areas i am sure are not established enough from either fall seeding or the dormant seeding to clear out the onslaught of weeds that cam in those bare areas we could not treat then due to seeding. cant wait!
  6. nik

nik LawnSite Member

Here's the Master label they sent to EPA. Not all uses/sites/directions, etc. will necessarily appear on the container you buy. Bit it does show lawn rates

Attached Files:

7. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I will read the label further and in more depth, but If I am forced to supply all hidden documents on this product to landfills and customers, it will be shot down like a sick goose.
    Why make this product so we all have to be the bad messenger.
  8. grassman177

what are you talking about?
  9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I think he is talking about not being able to use the clippings for compost, so if they use a landfill that recycles clippings and such they cannot use ones that have been treated with this.
  10. grassman177

gotcha, i was wondering what the heck!

i think mose herbicides have that kind of restriction, or at least i know i would impose it myself to not re use clippings treated with pesticides of any kind for compost