Impressed with Kohlor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wriken, May 8, 2004.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

My new Cub Comm. M-60 with the Kohlor 27 hp, has really impressed me, as far as torque and fuel useage. I also have a Kaw 23 hp, (which has been a great motor for me) and this Kohlor uses less fuel then it. With todays prices, This might make my motor dicision easy in the future. Starts good, great power etc. My 72" with the 28 generac uses alittle more which is understandable, especially of how much more production it does then the 60's. Only thing that dicusses me on the generac, is the hard starting at times, any other gen owners with this problem?

wall of cubs 002.jpg

2. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i have a buddy that has a 2003 dixiechopper with a 32hp generac and it takes him 5 min to start the thing somethimes... he has had it in the shop a few times but they havent fixed it yet. they think its the carb. but they wont give him a loaner to use wile they are fixing it so he has to take it there when he has tree time and is doing some trees and then pick it up when he has to mow grass...

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Mines not quite that bad, yet, but close. There a good motor other then that, lots of power.