1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

impressive line of 24v

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I was looking at the new Unique price list and noticed the line of 24v transformers, nice.

It seems like this would be a great way to offer 24v power for future development of controllers as well as the lamps.

Does Unique have 24v lamps & fixtures?

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Mike. Any LV light fixture that any manufacturer makes would/could be a 24v fixture.

I understand there are a decent variety of 24v MR16 and Miniature Incandescent lamps available from a variety of manufacturers.

Regards.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont have a catalog handy but I am quite sure ushio and others did have a selection of 24v.

Why are you considering 24v and whats your motivator ?

4. Mike M

from usa

Well, I'm curious about the optimal voltage range for a 24v bulb, and what the voltage drop is like, and if wiring configurations would have either more liberty, or same limitations (fixtures/wattages per run, etc.).

I have no clue. But if you can chain more lights, than it may be a good precursor to LED's. That way you can keep more original wires in the ground.

5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

We do have Ushio 24v MR16 and T3 bi pin lamps available and ready to order!!

I am learning more about the 24v system and what I learned is the optimal range is larger so where a 12v Halogen lamp needs a minimum 10.8 to operate correctly a 24v Halogen needs a min. of 21v. 12/2 cable is now double the capacity so you can run up to the allowed 25 amps on it and there are other perks that I will discuss on a thread in the Unique forum.

6. Mike M

from usa