Improved quality of cut

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cranesrule, May 29, 2007.

1. cranesrule

cranesrule LawnSite Member

Just made a few changes on my 20/52 Fastrak, and MAN what a diference!

1) adjusted deck belt tension (30 hrs)
    2) installed new Gator Magnum blades, replacing stock low lifts
    3) reinstalled original metal deck chute, replacing rubber one off of mini z

I'm not sure which change made the most difference, or maybe just a little of all three. The discharge velocity is AWESOME, almost scary compared to what I had before. The clippings are now pulverized, and the underside of the deck is totally clean, even after some damp cutting. I definitely love the Gators. How much of a difference could the deck belt adjustment make? How about changing from an ill fitting chute?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All 3 of them made a difference, but most of all I would say deck belt tension and the blades made the biggest difference.
    As far as the chute... I could of told you the chute wouldnt work so well, it is one of the reasons we don't have one available for your mower yet, there isn't one in our lineup that fits right and is tested to meet ANSI and CPSC regulations for the 52" Mini Z or FasTrak decks.

Pj

3. cranesrule

Did you guys see that? PJ said not available YET. Could there be hope for a rubber chute?:dancing:

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

:angel: :eek:

5. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

what would the part number be for a 05 super z for the magnum gator's? it's the deck with the large opening and fusion blades.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We don't offer Gator Magnum's.
    You will have to try and match up a set of aftermarkets.

7. cranesrule

TIMMAC - The part # for the 52" deck is 90-404. It is an Oregon number. The blades are available from Mowpart for $8.53 each! If your deck isn't 52" the Mowpart site has a link to the reference chart.

8. harmoncollege

harmoncollege LawnSite Member

Are you guys talking about the side chute off the deck?? I have a 2007 FasTrak, and it has a black rubber side chute.

9. cranesrule

Jeez, just rub salt in the wound...

10. harmoncollege

harmoncollege LawnSite Member

Sorry...it just sounded like the thought was that Hustler had not started putting them on the FasTrak yet...so I wanted to let prospective buyers know that they are now putting them on the 2007 models.