1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Improving LawnSite.com

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

This is a very important question. In the forum announcement, I announced that effective today I will be taking over where Chuck left off in regard to ownership and operation of LawnSite.com and PlowSite.com.

I want to know everyone's opinion about what improvements and changes could/should be made to this site.

It is your community, and I beleive it is important to know what everyone thinks. There are a lot of changes and exciting new additions that are going to be made very soon.

Let me know what you think everyone....

I'm all ears....
  2. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Great to hear that Sean. The only thing I could wish for is a spell checker (some including me need it), keeping off topic stuff in its place, meaning when in the middle of a thread, someone throws in something completely meaningless and the nezt dozen or so posts only apply to the irrelevant line. Nothing gets me more than having to cipher through 20 meaningless posts.

Good luck Sean
  3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I like it just the way it is,and the moderators do a great job!:D
  4. Threeponys

Threeponys LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I'd have to agree with Brent on the spell checker. Also would like to see or have the means to find members in my "location". This would allow members to know others in their geographical area and provide more directed questions to subjects such as ... grass types.

Aside from that...... LawnSite is a great learning tool for all of us!:cool:
  5. I look forward to the improvments.
  6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

There is a page which contains all the members that are registered users here at LS.com.

You can find out things like who the top posters are according to the numbers, who posters are by the dates joined, or alphabetically etc.

There was an advanced search which was supposed to enable us to seasrch according to location but it doesnt work to well sorting thru the 446 pages of members here -LOL!!!
  7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

That would be great! Also congratulations, Sean!
  8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Reopen the "Out of the window with the one third rule" post, that post has more information than thousand of repeted questions.

Take away those tiles "millenium member" "senior" "etc. let people rate each member by the useful information that they post not just by how many posts they have.
  9. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Here is something I am annoyed about:

This site is great, but...

I posted a really sharp "outside of the box" marketing idea here and after I spent like an hour typing out the concept and hoping for some feedback, my posts were immediately removed.

That sucked.

I asked for advertising info. Never got it. Grr... So my idea was just squashed and nobody ever got to see it.

And I think the idea could have had a strong impact in getting new customers to sign a seasonal agreement now, while it is cold and they are not thinking about lawn care.

It was a way to offer a unique incentive to win and lock in the customer without sacrificing price. There is probably no other lawn care operator who would have thought of it or had the capability to deliver on this idea.

So something unique and unusual that could have spurred innovative thinking in others here was swiped away from the message board.

But, it was just an idea. And I didn't know if others would see it the way I do. And I wanted feedback.

I will be using this idea to round up all of my new customers before the end of this month. Then I'll be at full capacity beginning on day 1 once the grass begins to grow. I expect the campaign to be very successful and my new customers are going to be tightly located, with easy, flat, minimal obstacle properties.

Besides this, this site is a great place for ideas and insights.
  10. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Age and years of experience in each field , would help determine the weight of the posters post.