Improving LawnSite.com

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Sean Adams, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

This is a very important question. In the forum announcement, I announced that effective today I will be taking over where Chuck left off in regard to ownership and operation of LawnSite.com and PlowSite.com.

I want to know everyone's opinion about what improvements and changes could/should be made to this site.

It is your community, and I beleive it is important to know what everyone thinks. There are a lot of changes and exciting new additions that are going to be made very soon.

Let me know what you think everyone....

I'm all ears....

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

This function is under utilized. It does work well and is easy to use. But I'd make it real prominent in each forum. I got the ball rolling in pesticides about a common place to find regulation info and I think something along that vein in the search would be beneficial.

Something like FAQ but searches instead. Pre-canned, keyword searches if you get the drift.

There is a certain frustation level that exists among us regulars with the lack of effort of newbies or even us regulars to examine what exists on a topic before starting off again.

I'm not implying there are stupid questions. If you have a question and you don't know the answer it is not a stupid question. But it is almost disrespectful for lack of a better word, to come on here and T off on a question without making an effort to to some homework on your own first.

Of course we don't have to respond to every post. But when that happens the person that posted usually gets a little miffed like he being blown off by some group of eliteists.

The end result could potentially be a better educated industry because they would be exposed to a lot more reading if they took some time rather than a quick focus on posting an immediate question.