In a big bind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MudslinginFX4, Apr 2, 2004.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah thats right, I'm in a bind. I've always hated paying to dump debri somewhere but now I'm really hating it. Last year another landscaper and I shared a property to just dump stuff on and then at the end of the year we shredded everything up and hauled out stuff that needed to be hauled out. Well this year, the lady that owns the property we were leasing has decided that she is going to sell it. I had found another place to dump at but they just upped our price again, now it's at $58.00 per 16ft trailer load. I think thats way overpriced and I will dump it in my front yard before I pay that kind of money, what do all of you pay? Am I not charging enough money to haul stuff away if I'm so concerned about a $58 dollar fee per trailer load? I just don't think the customers are going to want to pay me $60/man hour and then also pay $58 per trailer load.
  2. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

$25 a ton at the landfill. also have to pay $60 a year for commercial dumping license.

PRO CARE LAWN MAINT. LawnSite Member

hey ECM, i use the private landfill in holly springs, it is only 30 dollars a load for 16ft trailer and 15 for a pickup load, they only handle yard waste, trees, etc, i cant remember the name, look in the yellow pages.
  4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad I live where I do, it's free cant beat that price. $58 is crazy, it's just yard waste.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Yard waste is free here too...
  6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Most county landfills charge by the pound. Here in Citrus county FL and in Hernando county it's a penny a pound for yard waste. No special license is needed for yard waste.
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

talk to some of the local farmers, they always have a spot to dump. or check with your mulch suppliers or local nursery, they usually have a place to dump if you buy from them.
  8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I just I use to go to charged by the weight.....I would rarly get out of there for under 75 bucks a load.....Now where My shop is there is quite a bit of property and im paying my buddy who owns it 50 a load. Dumping is very expensive around here....only about 2 facilities within a 20 miles radious that I know of. I do just pass the cost+ a 20 dollar fee on to my clients bill.
  9. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

lol, Glad I am not in your shoes!! I bring all of mine through the back fence of the yard of my house straight to the field.

Good lank,
  10. amar

amar LawnSite Member

Cry me a river! Here in Ann Arbor MI we pay $14 per CU YD my 20' trailer loaded costs over $100 + The good thing is that they give you the a deal on the yardage estimate when we have about 10 -12 Cu Yd they charge for 8 ($112)

Most customers piss and moan when we pass the expence on to them.