In a need for a new Trailer? HELP!!

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by ScottsQLS, Nov 27, 2006.

1. ScottsQLS

ScottsQLS LawnSite Member

Hey guys I have been in the business for about 3 years now and this past fall I picked up a new John Deere mower, but there was one problem when I tried to get it on the trailer with the bagging unit, it didn’t really fit. I currently have a 6 ½ x 12 and the mower only has about a half inch on each side of it when it’s on the trailer. This made it extremely hard for me to get it on and off the trail. Just wanted to know if there are any good trailer places in the metro area of Minnesota that I should be looking at. If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks guys for all your help

Also I am selling the old trailer really cheap if anyone is interested just reply. I’m selling it for only $300 need to get rid of it to make room for the new one.

2. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Trailers, are one piece of equipment I usually never buy new to save serious $$$ Check papers, ebay, and expecially craigslist.. have bout about 5 from there

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

trailers r the one thing i always buy new so i can get them built to my specs and i know they up to snuff

4. jbailey52

well there you go... two diff opinions.. but from what I understand you dont need an expensive custom built trailer for one or two mowers

5. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Trailers around here are expensive both new and used I think it has somthing to do with the recostruction But da#m there high

6. jbailey52

See not me.. We bought a 8 x 21 tandem axle, brakes, the whole deal, for $900... it was $4100 new... it needed new gate material.. cost $100.. saved tons

7. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

ya I would buy used, I bought a 7x16 tandem axel, brakes, trimmer racks, tool holder, for $1200. I checked local trailer store for price on comparible unit, quoted $4500. Saved a bunch.

8. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I am interested and really really need the trailer! Do you have pictures of it I could see?

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats cheap.. Im looking to sell my 6/5x12 with trimmer racks and gorilla lift with new tires nd paint for about 725 pm me if anyones interested Im going to paint it this week.

10. Six8

Six8 LawnSite Member

Hey Pro-Scapes! I may be intrested in your trailer.Do you have any pics of it?What year,Make etc.