In addition to Fall Cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by simsy71, Sep 5, 2003.

1. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Hey guys I was think of putting out a flyer offering Fall decorations. Might not be the best word for it but around were I live alot of people put out pumpkins, mums and corn stalks. Like around lamp posts and stuff like that. Do you think this is a good idea?????? Also what should I put for first line of the flyer....... Fall Color Fall Decorations...... Any input would be much appreciated.
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Provide some pictures if you can or get a clipart of some kind to include.

Don't forget Mums, Cabbage and Kale. later on the planting of spring bulbs.

Push it. Offer Discounts. Buy 5 Mums planted get 1 FREE. Do a FALL Display get the Corn Stalks Free.

When I do mine I will post pictures. Lost some old pictures when transfering to this new CPU.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Simsy,

I think that is a great idea, let us know how it works out!
  4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Here is typically what we offer for fall displays.......

5. edger

edger LawnSite Member
    from NC

What price rage are you look spending on something like this? Clients agree ahead of time or part of the contract?

6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I would charge about $150 for that display. Not much to it takes more time getting all the supplies than putting it up. Most of the clients ask me to put one up if they want it but not part of the contract unless they ask.
    My cost for the supplies in the pic was roughly $60.
  7. Looks very nice Farmdude.

My G/F keeps telling me I should offer this... I never pictured it looking as good as you have it, and GLAN's adding lettuces really can make them have some color.
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

This is a great idea, and something I've never thought of. That's why I keep coming back! I'd like to hear from others who do this, or even Halloween decor (being the Halloween freak I am).

9. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. I put my flyer up at the local supermarket on Friday and I already got 3 jobs out of it. I guess this stuff is big around were I live. Now I am thinking about putting an ad in the paper/