In advance??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fire228, Jul 23, 2007.

1. fire228

fire228 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Wanting to get a little help before fall...

I would like to know how you guys charge for fall work? By the hour or per job and how much?

I know with cutting lawns I do it per lawn with an average price and if its bigger or smaller than the average size yard I go up a little or down but I have no clue where to begin on pricing for fall things.

2. Pitbull05

Pitbull05 LawnSite Member

I do it by the hour, just as I would mowing.
  3. Pitbull05

Pitbull05 LawnSite Member

Also take into account if you have to haul anything off.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

However they like, I can estimate in advance or I can give the final price after I am done, depends if the customer wants to gamble or if they want to pay what it should've cost. I don't like estimating leaves, too much room for error, and I will go high. If I can price it after I'm done, as a rule this is the cheaper way, remember that with gambling the odds are in favor of teh house (that would be me).

Works best with regular customers that have been with me at least all year.

So hourly, and most of them are priced this way, some I estimate (which I'd guess would be by the job).
    But there's never no telling, leaves have had me fooled for close to 6 years now, sometimes it's stupid easy, other times it's not.
  5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge by the job to the customer,they always gets scared when i tell them our per man hour figure. So ive been bidding by the job. I do figure up the cost thou by my per man hour figure and then add the dumping fee's.Dont think i'd bid in advance for leaves Till there on the ground ?
  6. fire228

fire228 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Thanks for the help guys. Oh, and I didnt mean bidding on the jobs in advance, I just ment I wanted some help on how to do it all in advance :)