In Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Martee, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Martee

Martee LawnSite Member

Finally I did it I have my license, insurance and bonded and Im off and rolling on my first year of business. I have 13 customers already just got license and stuff the first of April.
    So wish me luck, I do have experience even with the bookkeeping so I should have fun. I just wish it would quit raining I dont like to play in the mud and mow in the mush.
    :dancing:

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Good Luck, actually best wishes.

Tim

3. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

Nice.. How long did it take you to get your customers and what strategy did you use? This is my first year on my own also.

4. Martee

Martee LawnSite Member

I posted this as a reply in another post earlier, I have not advertised at all. Word of mouth from friends and went to a company who does fertilizing only they get calls all the time for mowing and they know me as I have worked with another company for 5 years so they have referred to me as well as a couple other LCO I gave them my card and they have sent people my way that are no way near there route. I have actually done the same for them given someone there name for them to do. I am only doing this for 3 days a week as I still work for another LCO 2 days a week and I have 13 to 17 customers some on just a cleanup and probably will be done and the 13 are regular customers, some are biweekly and no contracts yet but got one customer to agree to one yesterday.