In case of injury....

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawncutterupper, Mar 29, 2006.

1. lawncutterupper

lawncutterupper LawnSite Member

Im playing soccer up at school and today I hurt my knee pretty badly. Right now I cant walk but Im going to give it a day before I get too nervous. I was thinking though, what would a single man operation do if they were injured so badly he couldnt walk?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

As they say in ebonics, weebee f***ed!"
  3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Had a close friend that got hit by a drunk driver. He messed his left leg up pretty bad, he hired two guys to help finish his season. He sold his business the following year because he still could not work well, and good help is hard to find.
    He now sells advertising space.:dizzy:
  4. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

Just as the old saying goes "if there is a will there is a way". Being a motocross racer I have experienced plenty of injuries during the landscape seaosn, from broken fingers and sprains to a broken leg one year. Usually you just gota grit your teeth and bear the pain. With the broken leg I would get myself on my Z and mow while my guys trim and use the other mowers just like any other normal day. Took a little longer to do things sometimes. Im not sure how many of you get or read the magazine Turf, but I believe there was a story on a LCO who is paralized from the waist down and still works. Whenever im banged up from a hard weekend of racing i just remember that story, if there is a will there is a way. :usflag:

JS LANDSCAPING :usflag:
  5. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

That's where your disability insurance comes in to play. You do have this don't you? If not get it NOW!