In honor of Cinco de Mayo...Went Hispanic this week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albemarle Lawn, May 5, 2004.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally, after 10 years in business, we went Hispanic.

Hired 2 Hispanics, they started Monday.

What took me so long to see the light. It truly is the way to go. No backtalk, no whining, just smiles and hard work. Now we have 2 full time white guys, plus me (fat white guy) plus 2 hispanics.

2. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

Way to go I have one and have not had one complaint They work hard dont complain smile and are very meticulous. I think they come to the us and then send the money back to their familys in mexico. they sure have a rough life but most seem like good people:D

3. JamesGarfield

JamesGarfield LawnSite Member

A bit of history regarding this particular holiday... you may have noticed that the anniversay of the Titanic disaster was just while ago. In the early 1900's, fresh mayonaise was a rare delicacy in Mexico. As a result, there were several crates of fresh mayonaise in the cargo hold of the Titanic, which were intended to be transferred in New York to another ship, and sent down the eastern coastline to Venezuela, where it was anxiously awaited.

However, when the news reached Mexico about the the Titanic's loss, along with that valuable cargo of mayonaise, they were so shocked, that they dedicated this holiday in memory, known as...

SINKO de MAYO.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh,.... THAT's bad!:rolleyes: LOL

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have to agree with ya Runner, that was a bad one