In It for the long haul?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernCutter, Oct 15, 2007.

1. SouthernCutter

SouthernCutter LawnSite Member

Well i guess that i am sort of using this to vent, so sorry. but anyways, i think i'm going to be in the lawncare business for the long haul. I really enjoy cutting grass, and making bad yards look great, and i love being outdoors and you make good money doing it. today was terrible, computer is broken, so i can barely use lawnsite, its taking 5 minutes to load a page, and my screen keeps flashing random errors at me, and my computer is beeping at me, someone stole my back pack at school so i didnt get my homework turned in, was going to get my mom a dog for her b-day and the one she wanted was sold, and my sister and I got into a big argument, so i left the house and went and mowed until dark, and the mowing really put me in a much better mood. I now feel like im not even in the mowing for the money anymore, i feel like i do it so that i dont feel lazy, and its something i enjoy doing.
    Sorry about the random venting post.

2. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

O Kee Doe Kee

3. S.A.L.

S.A.L. LawnSite Member
    from NOLA

Wait.
    You're still on the Honey-moon!

Coinsidently my back-pack was always stolen when I didn't have my homework either.

4. dutchhook

dutchhook LawnSite Member

Sounds like you're doing something you love, or at least like.
    That'll get you through most things, and letting off the steam will get you the rest of the way.
    Like SAL says, you're still on the honeymoon, best advice I can give you is to enjoy the experience of mowing before it becomes a business. Best of luck!!
    Steve

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

How old are you SouthernCutter if you don't mind me asking?

I wish I had those type problems.

You appear to be very young and it's good that you have a good work ethic already. You are serious, right?

6. SouthernCutter

SouthernCutter LawnSite Member

im 16..... cuttin about 40 a week....it makes me feel good knowing i pay for just about everything i have and then my friends go to their parents for gas money and say they dont have money for it but they dont even pay for their insurance or gas..... and I'm someone that just cant leave my car alone, so im always dropping money into it so it makes me feel good knowing i can pay for stuff that a ton of my friends have their parents paying for, so yea, im serious about it. haha

7. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

hey good for you, I wish I would have done this when I was your age, I would be full time. Not only that, there is too many kids your age with no work ethic...Keep it up!!

8. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

just make sure that as long as you're in, you're making one hell of a profit

9. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I wish EVERYBODY would learn that something earned is WAY better than something mooched

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Good deal. Keep up the good work and get a good education to fall back on.