In-Line Injector for Spray tanks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Clean Cut Lawns, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a in line injector system for spray tanks, so you can switch pesticides with out having to empty tanks just switch jars. It kind of looks like an in line strainer?

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I don't but its a good question.
    I know there was a guy here , years ago, that used a hose end sprayer with his setup and ran clear water in his tank. I don't know if that is a legal solution but it sure seems easy to switch out chemicals and not waste or have too much.

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

CleanCut,
    We sell sprayers that are already set up to pull product from either of 2 tanks. I suppose the same fittings (3 way ball valves & such) could be special ordered & retrofitted to another existing unit. Probably the best scenario though would be the contraption we used to use 15 years ago at ChemLawn. This unit would inject a concentrated chemical directly into the LESCO Spray Gun directly behind the nozzle. In this way, you could be hauling a tank of straight water or fertilizer around with you and ad the appropriate chemical as the need arose. Most of the guys hated it because it was a high maintenance item. Constant cleaning was required to keep the thing working right. If concentrates were to dry in the venturii, the calibration would go way off. Also, the small hose that carried the concentrate was held on by wire ties & had a habit of coming undone, so herbicide would then run all over your arm. The concentrates were held in a small bottle you would wear on your belt. I don't know who made these for us nor even if they're still made. Perhaps they got sued right out of business?
    You can pick up literature on the dual tank sprayers at any of the 3 stores we have in Westchester Co. Let me know if you need directions or I could mail you one.

Steve

4. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan,
    That thing is cool. Have you used one yet?
    Are they reliable? I see potential for at least some of the parts that are in that cabinet.
    Steve

6. dan deutekom

Steve

I have never used this particular system, but I have used this type of injector in the greenhouse and it has been very reliable. Plant Products in Toronto sells an injector of this type in the "bare bones" form for use in the irrigation lines. I think it is called a Dositron. Having used many of the products Rittenhouse sells I am sure it is a quality product.

I just checked the web to see how my memory is and I found their website.
    http://www.dosatronusa.com/

7. dan deutekom

8. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

I'm with tremor on the Chemlawn injection gun. Pain in the butt to calibrate and leakier than the USA/ Mexico border. I could still kick myself for throwing away dozens of those things at a branch I was called into to clean up. I think this thing made in Canada looks promising but kinda pricey to find out. Anyone that has any experience with it please post a reply. How does it do with WP's? Does it agitate as well?

9. Tordonista

Tordonista LawnSite Member

Injection systems have become very poular in this part of the world, and any outfit that builds spray systems can put one together for you. I think I trust the electronic controls more than the mechanical, but they are expensive.
    There are sysems that will hold and inject WP's in their dry form, or some carry them in a slurry in the holding tanks.

10. Tordonista

Tordonista LawnSite Member

Be sure you know how long it takes to clear your hose.