In market for hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by TheLawnBarber, Jul 7, 2006.

1. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Over the years what have you guys found is the best performing, longest lasting hedge trimmer?

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a Shindy DH2510 30". It's awesome. I've already dropped it off of a 10' step ladder trimming a tall hedge, it just bounced and kept running smooth!

3. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

im a big zenoah komatsu fan really sturdy,quite and not a bad wieght.i think its about 4.6 kgs

*aussieflag*

4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Is the Shind their 4-sroke/4-mix version? For some reason the Shind has caught my eye. Red Max I've had some thoughts but here in Idaho for me, its a 30 minute drive to ( Boise the capital ). I mainly use Stihl 4-mix products very impressed.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

We call'em RedMax up here. And yes, I agree. Mine has been great for three years.:)

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The new Echo HC-150 with the Razor blades are awesome.

Very lightweight, tons of power and the new blades cut anything that get in their way and they stay sharper much longer. Heavier duty gearbox as well.

7. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Let me tell you the best! Maruyama! They are not that easy to find, but by far one of the best! I have the HT 2300 D-R model with the rotaitonal handel.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The 2510 model is the C4 (4-stroke hybrid). They also have the 230 model which is a 2-stroke.

9. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for that mate ihave always wondered what this red max was now i know:)

10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use extended lenght hedge trimmer's, less bending for the employees.With extended lenght, employees are more productive and develope less operator fatique. We have Sthil hs 45's 85's and HL 100's articulating and fixed trimmers.The old fashsioned chain saw type hs 80's and echo's have been relegated to work for bushes in tight spaces.