In Md Need Help Asap Bidding Commercial Prop

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cclc1021, May 19, 2006.

1. cclc1021

cclc1021 LawnSite Member

Good morning. I have an opportunity to bid on a commerical property. I have a few small commerical properties, but this one is really large. I have taken the best picutures that I can of the site. I want to give them a initial fee price, and then a montlhy price for year round maintenance. I would appreciate any input in pricing this the best way. The property is in MD. My e-mail address is info@customcutslawns.com.

Here are the pictures.

Thanks,
    Harold

PIC 1.JPG

PIC 2.JPG

PIC 3.JPG

2. cclc1021

cclc1021 LawnSite Member

Here are some pictures of the property.

Thanks,
    Harold

PIC 10.JPG

PIC 11.JPG

PIC 16.JPG

PIC 17.JPG

PIC 12.JPG

3. Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson LawnSite Member

that grass is waist high, you better get a brush hog. How many square feet is it? That is one poor looking commerical property

4. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Brushhogging $65-$85 per hour.

Then get a hay rake in there to get the cut grass off of the ground or you will have issues in a couple of weeks when it is time to use the mowers.

Tim

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I'd get someone to hay it first. Then figure out your price for regular mowing.

6. cclc1021

cclc1021 LawnSite Member

Hey. The approx size that needs to be cut is 3 acres. For brush hogging, can I rent that type of tractor from a rental store like ABC Rental? Based on the height of the grass, how much would you charge for the initial service? Normally 1 acre takes me an hour to cut, edge etc.

Thanks for any input and advice.

Harold

7. cclc1021

cclc1021 LawnSite Member

Does anyone else have any recommendations or input on helping me with this bid?

Thanks,
    Harold

8. Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson LawnSite Member

So what size brush hog you can rent, and then figure how long it will take. We have a brush hog on a skid steer than can do that job in 1.5.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh well see I don't turn in bids for contracts this late in the year, thou I will gladly give estimates per job (this tall grass nonsense is the main reason why thou there are others).

700 dollars initial cleanup, then spend as long as it takes (one day might do it but two definitely should) with a Wb and use the chute to throw the grass out onto the paved areas so you can rake + tarp it for disposal. Yes, I agree the clumps have to be dealt with, it's not just tall but way thick, too.

Oh yeah lol, you'll want an old machine you can use because I wouldn't dare run my newer one through that mess and before you start cutting, kinda go through that mess and pick out any debris such as those tires but also if you find washing machines or old cars or boats and airplanes and anything else you need to pull that out because it will hurt your machine.

Time-wise, plan on going slow with the Wb, so twice as long per acre so 6 hours to cut it all, then another 2-3 maybe 4 hours to tarp + rake and dispose of clumps.

Once it's all cut, the weedeating part should be cake.
    Blow down some, 12-14 hours, yeah... One day maybe, but two.
    If you want to price it lower, You can always give a discount after it is all done, but as a rule I price horse pasture high because we're still doing them a favor with our machines we cut it faster than anyone except the tractor, and the tractor isn't cheap, either.

Reason I would do it this way rather than renting equipment is because this year's a bit lean for me, so I got the time, but that's just me.

10. cclc1021

cclc1021 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations... Much appreciated. I'll let you all know if they accept the bid.

Thanks,
    Harold