In need of a Light weight 21" Push

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blair smock, Jul 30, 2004.

1. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Guys I would love to have a honda but just to heavy, what would be a good commercial, self prop, Light weight push. I also love the feature on the Honda that keeps the mower running and shuts off the blades. Any Ideas-- Thanks for the help! Blair

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a Snapper mower!!! I have a '75 Snapper 21" self propelled mower w/4HP Briggs engine and it works great as a trim mower!!!

3. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I have a lawn boy with a 2 cycle that is the lightest mower i have ever used. Really good little machine. On the other hand my proline 21inch toro 2cyc is a tank, the heaviest damn small mower I ever used. But it is built really really well. Both are really good machines, just diferent design philosophies.

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Honda HRX is heavy, but it's belt driven and the best cut I've ever seen on a push

5. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

I recently bought a little Husquavarna self-propelled push mower at Lowe's that's relatively lightweight.Delivers a beautiful cut and mulches real well.I doubt if any commercial mower,even a 21" push,is going to be real light,though.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Lightest 21? Lawnboy commercial push.. Get one while you can..

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

LB push is Definately the Lightest...Very Sweet Mowers...

8. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

lawn boy is the lightest and best in my eyes. i can say that because i have owned them all and tested and tried them. the lawn boy has never given me any trouble and is easy to maintain. no oil changes just air filter and blades and belt sometimes

9. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

My lawn boy is a good mower, but some days at the end of the day I just dont feel like pushing that thing around yards. Thats why I really appreciate my Toro proline