in-put on Snapper fast back ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by howardtka, Jul 24, 2005.

1. howardtka

howardtka LawnSite Member

Hey every one I am New to this site, and love it! first post!
    I have a small lawn care service 15 residential acc. I have a great dane super surfer 52" and love it but its time for a sit down! I am in the market for a new 60" ztr I think that the snapper fast back is looking like the mower for me because of price verses options. Does any one have any opinions / experience on this mower! 27hp, 60'deck
    Thanks
    Tommy

2003 Silverado 4x4
    6.6'x16' traler w/ Trimmer Trap acc.
    Supper Surfer 52" 19hp kaw.
    Snapper w/b 48" bull rider sulkey
    stihl fs110 4mix trimmer/edger
    Redmax back pac blower
    junky old push mower

2. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

No experience with this particular mower. The last Snapper ZTR I had was a 1996 model with a 48" deck. At the time, it was very loud and a sub-standard cut. I switched to Gravely and am thrilled with the quality of the cut. Shop wise and compare. My greatest suggestion would be do not sacrifice quality of cut for speed, or price.

3. howardtka

Thanks for the in-put. The cut quality from the demo is excelent! I liked every thing about it just looking for opinions on wear & tear and over all quality of machine.

4. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I have the Snapper Fastback Pro 52". Love it. Demo'd Exmark, Deere, Hustler, & Dixie Chopper and after each one I kept going back to the Snapper. Cut just as good or better in most cases, and it handled just as good or better in most cases. I would add another one to my business in a heart beat. Only thing I wish it had was 1/4 increments on deck height adjustment, the Snapper (at least the 2004's) I have is 1/2 increments. Other then that, I love the machine. 7 guage steel on frame, deck, everything. Tough machine and I've put it through some tough situations.

Here's a few pics.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=79721&highlight=snapper

Buck

5. howardtka

Great pics man, thanks for the reply! just what I wanted to hear! :waving: