In school?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i know i will be able to manage 20 at least. i am mowing 1/2 acre lots wich take me about 40 min. all my lawns ar on saturday with one on friday ( i may move my saturday mowings to friday and sunday so i can paintball. i have just about as much equipment as i need this winter it will be a quick 36 and a trailer. what is the best way to advertise to fall cleanups and just regular mowings? right now i plan to buy doorhanges for mowing and postcards for fall clean ups. how do you guys do it and how does it work?
  2. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I do about 25 a week by myself and I'm a soph in college, it's not too bad, but ready for it to come to an end.
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Senior in high school, have 25 weekly accnts and currently have 5k in checking accnt saved for winter/spring startup exp's and to have fun with.

I have plenty of spending money to go out with friends which I do every other night or so.

It is difficult to balance work with play but if you get good at it then that is step #1 in becomming a sucessful entrepreneur.
  4. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Im a sophmore in High School and I currently have 18 mowing accounts and other landscape maint. accounts. I have a helper on the Walk behind while im on the z.
  5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I did about 25 yards and snowplowed 17 driveways my sophomore year on up. Now we do about 65-75. It was hard but wouldnt of wanted it any other way. Others were out gettin in trouble, I was mowin!:laugh:
  6. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

i curently do 50-60 right now with one helper we can complete all in 1.5 days if necessary next year i want to push 250-300 between two a sophmore in college.....hopeing next year to step back a little and let the guys do it for me....