In The Market For An Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jcanada, May 9, 2003.

1. jcanada

jcanada LawnSite Member

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT BUYING A 20' TANDEM AXLE ENCLOSED TRAILER. I HAVE LITERATURE ON CONTINENTAL CARGO AND UNITED TRAILER LINE. DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS AS I MAKE THIS DECISION. THIS TRAILER WILL BE USED FOR IRRIGATION. I WILL NEED TO HAVE SHELVES, TOOL STORAGE, TIE DOWNS FOR EQUIPMENT TRANSPORT, ETC. PLEASE POST YOUR PICS OF YOUR IRRIGATION TRAILER SETUPS. THANK YOU.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 8x20 Avenger Competitor, it's well buile and I love it. No problems except of my own stupidity.

I drove through a bank ATM line and destroyed both top roof vents. :(

3. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

20' ? Are you going to be hauling a trencher or piper puller?

Here is a pic of a messy trailer. While it is not an irrigation trailer, we used the front (v-nose) for sprinkler parts for occasional sprinkler repair. Of note is the dividers used on the wall. Simple plastic organizers from hardware store. Worked great for separating small parts and being able to see through for quick access and inventory checks.

Maybe do a mock layout in your garage to see if 'your plan' would fit in a 20'. Need more or less.

Also many irrigation trailers I've seen have the roof rack (space saver) to carry rolls of pipe or lengths of pvc. An inside rack would also do that. And most I've seen have the wooden box systems built in.

trailerfront.jpg

4. spomerhome

spomerhome LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

Too bad you don't live in AZ, I have a 20" haulmark that I'm not using that is only 8 months old that I'm selling. (I fired one of my crews that were screwing things up).

Its a Haulmark Thrifty Hauler, tandem (I own two) and have really liked it, real stable, pulls well and built well.

Check them out.