In the market for new leaf loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by crevinalandscapingllc, Mar 31, 2013.

1. crevinalandscapingllc

crevinalandscapingllc LawnSite Member

Hey guys interested in buying a new leaf loader for the back of my dump, I'm looking to buy new so that I can finance it. Don't need anything too big either a 14 or 16 hp probably. Anyone know a company running good deals with quality equipment I was guessing billy goat because I like their push blowers.
    Thanks Mark
  2. crevinalandscapingllc

Anyone got any suggestions?
  3. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

see alot of billy goats being used, personally if it were me i'd buy one, they are made less than 5 miles away from my house
  4. crevinalandscapingllc

I like billy goats stuff I use their push blowers but their leaf vacs are a little pricey, the fradan 14 hp is 1900 by me where billy goat is like 2700
  5. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Only downside to the BGs that I see is they don't have a catch can for rocks and stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one but would go with at least the 18hp Vanguard.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 25hp BG that fed into a box that I put in my f250, worked great, get the 25hp, don't go small. I paid around 5k for it which is about $120 per month with a rediculous 9.99%
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

I am picking up a new Lesco truckloader this afternoon. I've been looking into it for a while. I was originally going to buy a billy goat, but read reviews saying that it was not as heavy duty as the little wonder and lesco. I was going to buy the 18hp briggs and stratton motor version with the electric start. The little wonder was $200 cheaper with the same motor and appeared to be a little more heavy duty. Then I went to John Deere Landscapes and saw the Lesco unit there. I couldn't find anyone with billy goat or little wonder in stock. The Lesco is built like a tank, has a much larger fuel tank, and appears heavier duty all around. What really sold it for me was the 20hp Subaru motor with electric start. I'm not a fan of briggs and stratton engine. I don't think they last as long as kawi and kohler. The impeller blade on the lesco is made of very heavy guage steel. The only thing it didnt have was the shredder blade that the billy goat and little wonder have. I'm going to order the shredder blade that little wonder makes and bolt it on top of the impeller on the Lesco. Also the lesco included the tailgate mount, which I may or may not use to secure it on my trailer, but its included for the same price as the other 2 units without the tailgate mount. I intend to use this for grass clippings more than leaves since we run walker mowers and collect a lot of grass. I didn't find any bad reviews on the little wonder or lesco units.
  8. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly the loader to beat in this size category is Monster....might want to check them out before you sign on with Lesco...